How MiSight Lenses Can Help to Slow the Progression of Myopia
Myopia is a disease that affects millions of Americans — it is a condition that makes it difficult to see objects at a distance (also known as nearsightedness). Myopia management is a form of treatment that helps prevent the progression of nearsightedness. A popular treatment method for myopia involves MiSight lenses which are a revolutionary development in corrective solutions for children with myopia.
What Are MiSight Lenses?
MiSight lenses are child-friendly daily contact lens that treat myopia and remedies blurred vision. They are incredibly comfortable to wear and make it easy for children to engage in different activities. Ultimately, MiSight lenses will significantly improve the quality of life in kids and teenagers; they will no longer need to wear glasses, allowing them to live a more active lifestyle.
Supporting Your Children by Eliminating Their Vision Issues
MiSight lenses make use of innovative solutions that are incredibly effective at correcting myopia. The softness and custom shape of the lens play a huge role in preventing your children’s eyes from elongating. They essentially train the eye to develop at the correct rate instead of overgrowing, effectively preventing myopia progression.
The Dangers of Myopia
Myopia progression causes elongation of the eye. Those with higher levels of myopia can have more severe issues down the line, such as cataracts, macular degeneration, glaucoma or detached retinas. The earlier you treat myopia, the better chance you have at eliminating any serious vision problems later in life.
The Causes of Myopia in Children
Myopia is ultimately a result of an elongated eye. Several different lifestyle choices play a role in the development of myopia, and they include:
- Infrequent time spent outdoors
- Genetic and hereditary factors
- Focusing extensively on objects that are close up (e.g., reading, drawing, screens)
Related post: Treatments for Myopia in Childhood
Useful Information on MiSight Lenses and Children with Myopia
Listed below is some key information on children suffering from nearsightedness and MiSight Lenses:
- MiSight lenses utilize ActivControl technology that establishes a myopic retinal defocusing function
- MiSight lenses are suitable for children between the ages of 8 and 15, which ensures that they can avoid having to wear glasses
- The softness of the lens won’t cause any discomfort, and they are easy to use/remove
- Your children will experience clear vision the very first day that they begin using the lenses
- MiSight lenses are disposable (your children will need to replace them daily)
- MiSight lenses provide a long-term solution by slowing the progression of nearsightedness
Learn More About the Benefits of MiSight Lenses
Our eye doctors specializes in treating myopia for clients of all ages and providing corrective solutions for anyone suffering from this serious issue. Our team will perform an evaluation and offer you a treatment plan that will effectively restore your vision. There is no better time than now to book your appointment and prioritize your eye care health.